Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Loooonnnngggg Weekend

Memorial Day was certainly memorable. We woke up at 3:45am to start our day. Miles had to feed, we had breakfast and we headed out the door before 5:15am. The drive to Boulder went well, hardly any traffic. We parked the car, and then parted ways, Geoff to the start line, the boys and I to the curve on Folsom Street. This is right before the runners head into the stadium. I had my spot picked out, this patch of grass, plenty of room to spread out. I got there around 6:50am, and Geoff's wave was set to start at 7:07am. The boys did great. I got a little worried when the group of 20 bagpipers showed up to set up beside me (oops, I forgot that was their spot), but Miles slept through the whole race, and Elijah danced to the music. He missed Geoff passing us, but I saw him. Held up the sign we made, but Geoff missed it. Because I was holding the sign and trying to wrangle kids, I wasn't able to take a picture of Geoff. Sorry.

Geoff joined us in the meeting spot, then we all went to the expo to get free goodies. Once we milked that, we headed back to 29th street mall, where we parked the car. Naturally we got some Peet's.

We're still waiting on the website to upload the results. But Geoff knows roughly how fast he was.

So we're still trying to catch up on sleep. But we're parents, it'll be years before we catch up.

On tap this week... not much. Going to the dentist Thursday morning. Just looking forward to next weekend when Jen & Greg get here.

Tv stuff. Tonight is the House season finale. Whoo-hoo! Oh yeah, I spent all of last weekend watching the Ninja Warrior marathon on G4. I think I saw every tournament. It's a pretty good show. Studio 60 was awesome last week. The exact reason this show is great, it was laugh out loud funny.

I'm going to close with a quote from Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Maybe we'll get to see #3 this summer.

Jack Sparrow: How did you get here?
Will Turner: Sea turtles, mate. A pair of them strapped to my feet.
Jack Sparrow: Not so easy, is it?

No comments: