Friday, January 07, 2005

Nothing New Under The Sun
I figured I should post, even though I don't really know what I'd post about.

It's been a cold week. We had 2 days of snow, and it's supposed to warm up this weekend. Warm up being relative to what we've had. It's actually not so bad, but the house gets kinda chilly.

My job at Harry & David ended last week. While I won't miss working 30 hour weeks, I will miss working, the paychecks, and the friends I made there. I miss the truffles too. :) So now with this free time, I can go back to volunteering at the museum, and catching up on my emailing. I'm also trying to look at all our stuff and how it can be better organized. I think it's called nesting. This feeling of wanting to get the house in order before the baby comes.

I also have a ton of movies to watch and books to read with all my free time. Geoff gave me the strangest look when I told him I wanted to rent a movie for my birthday. "You got a ton of movies for Christmas" were his exact words. But there were several movies that came out last year that I never saw in the theater, that he promised we could rent (i.e.- Garden State, Spider-Man 2).

We haven't been watching much tv, since most of the shows we like are still in reruns. But new episodes of Scrubs, Monk, and Celebrity Poker Showdown are due to start in the next 2 weeks. Also, VH1 is airing I Love The 90s Part Deux, which I'm stoked about. Let's talk about Monk for a second. This will be the start of new episodes minus Sharona. We'll see how the show is, I'm still disappointed. Scrubs is having Colin Farrell guest star this month. I don't really care one way or another about Colin Farrell, but the promo looked pretty funny. CPS is being pretty quiet about who will be playing in this new tournament, so we'll have to wait and see on January 25 who's playing the first game.

On the health front, I think I'm nearly recovered. I'm coughing very little, and I'd like to say the same for Geoff. But I can't. We can only hope he doesn't pass it back to me. I have my appetite back, which is great, but I feel cheated out of all the food I didn't get to eat in Canada. And we won't be traveling there again until the summer. I just wanted to eat at some of my favorite places, like Harvey's, or New York Fries, or Boston Pizza. Sigh. Another time perhaps. As for bringing home snacks, our suitcases were too full of Christmas gifts to bring anything back. But as I posted, we did get to enjoy Tim Horton's.

That's about all that is going on with me. On the friends and family front, Kelly is getting a lot published and she emailed me to tell me she recently went to Paris (for her birthday in November). Crazy huh? My days of jumping on a plane for a spur of the moment trip are behind me, at least for a while. I wanted to post a prayer request for Heather's mom who has a very important doctor's visit on Monday. Please pray for good news, and peace for the family as they await to see what Monday's appointment will bring.

I'm going to close with a quote from Zoolander, because we watched it last night.

Derek Zoolander: Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?

No comments: