Saturday, January 13, 2007

Another Day Older

I had a good, but uneventful birthday. Thank you to everyone who sent cards, gifts and well wishes by phone, email, and blogs. Didn't do anything special, but we'll go out to dinner with Lexi this weekend, and I'll get her & Geoff to bake me a cake. Plus I can always do something at a later date (when there is money and possibly a babysitter). 30 doesn't feel so different.

The snow started late Thursday night, but there wasn't much of it. They expect a few inches each day. The change from past storms is that the temperature is pretty low for us. It's not Canada-low. But we're in single digits and negative temperatures at night. Currently it's -8 F, which is -22 C. At least I can look back at when I was in CA a few weeks ago, and walking around in my t-shirt. I think maybe I need to plan on going somewhere warm every January.

House was good this week, and I was super annoyed to find out it'll be 3 weeeks for another new episode! That's just mean. Thankfully I got season one on DVD for my birthday, so I can overdose on it if I choose.

Lexi got in alright last night, and I have to make sure I take some pictures. She's excited about the snow and cold, she says it's a welcome change from sun all the time. Silly Californian.

I'll close with a quote from last night's repeat of Psych.

Gus: You don't smell that?
Shawn: I don't smell anything.
Gus: That's because you don't have the Super Smeller!
Shawn: Okay, you have got to stop calling your nose the Super Smeller. If you want to name a body part man, name your butt. Call it the tight-bouncer or the hexagon.

No comments: