Saturday, March 29, 2008

Argh!

I feel like I have so much I want to write, but I lack the words to articulate what I'm feeling, or the point I want to get across. I also feel like I have a bunch of different topics, but no time to write them all separately, nor do I want one huge post.

First things. The baby Armstrong blogs are going private. I probably should have done that from the start, but anyways I'm doing it now. If you read them, if you want to read them, email me your address, and I'll put you on the list. Otherwise, you'll just get the info second hand (which maybe you do already).

Bible study is going well. All concerns I had from the get go are long gone, I've made some new friends, and most importantly, I've got focus. Two weeks ago, I got a great phrase that sums up an issue I have with some of my relationships. Truth Breeds Trust. She talked about how she has trust issues, and what you can do to gain trust. I felt like she grabbed out of my head my big problem with the superficial relationships in my life. If you can't/won't tell me truth, heck, if you can't/won't tell me anything at all, then we can't have a trustful loving relationship. How do you love someone, trust someone if they won't tell you truth? It was powerful, to me anyways.

I am annoyed with all the Olympic-boycott crap. I don't understand the IOC, I think they must be idiots. I'm not even a big fan of the summer Olympics (Winter Olympics are better IMHO), but is not watching them really going to make a difference? I don't think the athletes should be to blame for wanting to compete against the best in their fields. I put the blame solely on people who sell those dreams to the highest bidder. Seriously, let's hold the Olympics someplace where the athletes will struggle to breath fresh air, in a country with questionable ideas. Because they gave us a crap load of money.

I'm very excited that Jake, Cindy, Lexi, Alyssa, Alec & Abbie are coming next weekend. Yes, they are coming to see Kevin & Ali, but we get face time too! It feels like forever since I've seen them. It will be so nice to have family around, even if for a short while.

I'm gonna go rest the knees. I'll close with a quote from Midnight In The Garden Of Good & Evil.

Jim Williams: Sport, truth, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. You believe what you choose and I'll believe what I know.

No comments: