Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where Was June?

June is nearly over, and I barely blogged! What can I say, most of it wasn't blog worthy. But here's what was:

Genevieve Gustafson was born! Two days before her due date. And what a sweet little angel face! Everyone seems to be doing well, and I predict the Gustafsons summer will be filled with fun and people flocking to meet the little girl.

Bible study for the summer has begun. I am very excited about it, and left the first meeting feeling like my spirit had been renewed. This is another Beth Moore study, Breaking Free.

We had our good friends Chad & Khara over for dinner & wii on Saturday night. I miss them! And they just live on the other side of Denver from us. But driving an hour to each other's houses can be much. We're going over in August to see their house and meet their puppy. We also totally sold them on getting a wii. Bwa ha ha.

Camping plans have been solidified. I'm very excited. The only bummer is missing out on Krolik time while they are here in Colorado, since the dates overlap. We still need to buy a few things to make camping easier, write out a camping list, and plan our meals.

So that's all going on. Trying to stay cool, trying to keep kids amused, and trying to stay sane. I'm still finding time to read, so my brain isn't turning into mush.

I know I usually end with a movie/tv show quote, but I wanted to share with you a quote from Anthony Bourdain's book Kitchen Confidential.

(Tony's opinion on garlic) Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic.

No comments: