Friday, January 16, 2009

Ack!

I'm so behind on my blogging, and so unmotivated to do it. :)

I had a lovely birthday. I had waffles and bacon for breakfast, a relaxing afternoon, and one of the most delicious dinners ever! We went to the Wine Experience Cafe at Southlands. Highly recommend it to people looking for a quiet, romantic evening.

I had:
Angus Beef Shell Steak, Boursin Potato Gratin, Cognac Green Peppercorn Jus

Geoff had:
Iron Skillet Roasted Duck Breast, Maple Cider Gastrique, Sweet Potato Apple Hash

We sampled the trio of olive oil with olive bread, and for dessert...
Bittersweet chocolate dulce de leche bread pudding, cappucino gelato

Yum-o! I really really hope the restaurant continues to succeed, because it's a gem. And the owner (who served us) was great.

Today I had the joy of visiting my favorite place in the whole world, the DMV. (I'm being sarcastic) I hate that #1. they didn't give me the right information the LAST time I was turned away. So once AGAIN I didn't have the right papers. #2. They don't ever say I'm sorry. It's like I'm not a person to them, I'm a number.

Sorry, I'm gonna get over. I don't want to dwell on the negative. It all worked out in the end, now I have 2 years before I have to go back and deal with their crap.

I'm working on planning a vacation for 2010, so most of my thoughts are on that. I'll let you know soon what comes of that.

I'm gonna go, sign off. I'll close with a quote from Girls Just Want To Have Fun.

Lynne: He's a boy and he's alive, what's there to hate?

No comments: