Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Unbearable
It is unbearably hot here. I realize this does not help my cause of getting my mom to visit here, and I hope it cools down soon. Mind you, the pictures Lisa sent me of Edmonton this weekend, doesn't make me want to visit there. Craziness! I am thankful of the cool weather we'll get in Glasgow. I'm not even there yet, and I'm starting to fret a little about the souvenirs I'll have to get. This trip is huge for us, and I would like to bring gifts back for family. I guess they probably don't care what we bring back, so long as we think of them. Right? I just would never presume to say I know what other people would like. I find sometimes I'm surprised by what I like. Okay, less fretting, this trip is about having fun. :)

Sunday night, I had a bad night. 1. It was too hot to sleep. I had to get up and watch some tv to bore me to sleep. That helped a little. 2. My mind was racing about something that was bothering me. I tried to listen to some soothing music (this was before the tv), but it didn't really help. The worst part about something bothering you, is the inability to do anything about it. It's nothing I can fix, just something I have to deal with. Given time (I pray) I'll be able to deal with it. Sorry, it's not something I can write about.

Work is good. I met with Maria in Human Resources to talk about positions opening up at the museum, and she gave me some leads. I hope to meet with one of the supervisors on Wednesday.

I should get going with my day. We're supposed to get up to 95 today, so I want to get to the library before it gets too hot. I'll close with a quote from 10 Things I Hate About You.

Walter Stratford: I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is. My mama didn't raise no foo'!

No comments: