Friday, October 27, 2006

Well That Wasn't So Bad

I thought that snow would never end yesterday. But it did, at 2:30pm. I was out at 3pm (and for 50 minutes) re-shovelling our driveway and sidewalk. Five minutes after Geoff left in the morning, you couldn't tell he'd done anything. It was heavy and slushy, but worth doing. By 5pm, our driveway was bone dry. Those poor saps who didn't do a thing (even though they were required to) had pure ice to face. The street in front was all ice and ruts. I was thankful I didn't have to drive anywhere.

But today Amy & I took the kids to Cherry Creek, to play on the food. It was packed. But outside, walking around Cherry Creek North, was so pleasant. No wind, sunshine, and hardly any snow out there. When Amy came to get us, our road was starting to melt. When we got home, it was completely melted. That's Denver for you.

The trip to the DMV was the best experience I've had with them thus far. They were very friendly there, the line was minimal. Now I'm set for another two years.

The Christmas cards and the letter are complete. I may spend the weekend addressing envelopes, even though the letters won't go out for another 3 weeks. :) Now If I can just start on my shopping.

Oh yeah, Scrubs is returning to the air at the end of November. Happy Day!

On that note, I'll close with a quote from Scrubs.

Woman: Hi, cutie! Since you have so many balls, and too many toys can be overstimulating for an infant, Brantley here was wondering if he could borrow one to play with.
Dr. Cox: Oh, that's funny, because Jack here was just wondering why the crazy lady who just spent the last hour chain-smoking and talking on her cell phone while her kid ate sand, would come over to two complete strangers and give them parenting advice.
Jordan: Oh, he also thanked me for not naming him Brantley.
Dr. Cox: Yeah.

No comments: