Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Brrrr

We're being hit with a winter storm. Started last night after we went to bed, and when the snow settles in a few days, we should have 24" of snow, and a White Christmas.

So Elijah and I will be housebound the next few days. Makes me glad I took the opportunity to walk down main street Southlands yesterday. Despite the mild wind, it was nice to be out. I feel bad for Geoff who is going to have drive to work the next few days.

Not much going on this week. Just getting excited about Christmas. So is Elijah (see his blog for the funny video I took of him). He hasn't tried to open any presents, but I have been looking at the shapes of them.

I am hoping to make it out shopping on the 26th. We have our eye on a Christmas decoration for next year, and I need to check out Hobby Lobby to find a stocking to make for the baby. If I get it early, I leave myself the whole year to complete it. I may not be able to sew, stitch, or quilt, but give me a felt stocking project, and it's just my speed. It's funny looking at Elijah's stocking, I almost want to make a new stocking for me.

We're trying to catch Christmas specials on tv, but some movies are far too butchered, and that's no fun (for example, Scrooged). I may just have to actually buy Christmas DVDs. All I have is Merry Christmas Mr Bean, The Toy That Saved Christmas, and The Ref. We watched The Ref on the weekend, so I'll close with that.

Gus: Caroline and Lloyd will get the coffee and deserts then we'll be opening presents.
Connie Chasseur: We can't open presents til midnight.
Gus: Why not?
Connie Chasseur: Because it's not Christmas until midnight!
Gus: We'll be changing the rules a little bit. We're opening the presents now. Not later, now. Why? We're adults, and we can open our presents WHENEVER WE WANT!

No comments: