Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Misc Thoughts


Aren't these boys getting tall?

Yes, it's true. I started a training blog for my half marathon. I've had it since August. I figured no one would be interested, so I didn't really make a public announcement. But thanks to those giving me encouragement. Race Day is June 1. It's closer than I think. 123 days to be exact.

I kinda feel bad for my Canadian family & friends. Weather there has been -48 C (that's with wind chill). That would be -54 F. Yuck-ville. I am so very, very happy I don't have to deal with that crap anymore. :)

This month, I read two books. I'm kind of a fast reader (if it's good), so it's not super impressive. But I'd like to try and read at least one new book a month. I already have two books waiting for me at the library, so that will cover February.

I have not yet watched all my movies from my birthday, but the one I did, was called Starter For 10. You probably didn't hear about it, but I think it's worth checking out. Especially if you love 80s music. The lead actor, James McAvoy, seems to be quite the rising star. I may have to check out more of his work. He just did Last King Of Scotland, Becoming Jane, Atonement, and next up is a movie with Angelina Jolie.

I suppose I'll close with a quote from Starter For 10.

Brian Jackson: Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to be clever. Some people are born clever, same way some people are born beautiful. I'm not one of those people.

No comments: