Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Scattered

I thought I should write, even though I have no real idea what to say.

Summer is going alright. In a few weeks, my mom will be come out here for her birthday. We're going away for the weekend, then she'll see the boys for a day and some before heading home. Before she gets here, Chris & Ashley get here for a visit. I'm really hoping to get some alone time with them, but I'm unsure what they're plans look like. Plus, I know we will pale in comparison to little Genevieve. I just need to show Ashley this is where they want to live! :)

The kids and I are heading to the Botanical Gardens at Chatfield on Friday. I hope we can get some cloud cover, so it won't be too hot. Colorado hasn't had enough rain yet this year, and we're breaking the record for most consecutive 90+ degree days.

Do you know how disappointing it is to anticipate a movie, and be let down? I had moderate hopes for The Ex, because the cast is so awesome, and even with moderate expectations, I was left feeling I wasted 90 minutes. I am going into my next movie rental with moderate expectations as well, since the back cover does not describe the book I read at all! What book/movie? Breakfast At Tiffany's. I hope to be proven wrong.

My Beth Moore study is still going well, very insightful. I'll end up missing tomorrow's meeting because I have a much needed doctor appt. I'm sure I'm fine, I just need to get an issue resolved.

I'm going to close with a quote from Arrested Development (the movie is due out next year!).

Michael: The only thing I found in the refrigerator was a dead dove in a bag.
Gob: You didnt eat that dove, did you? I only have 6 days to return it.

No comments: