Saturday, July 05, 2008

Yay! July!

I've been waiting for July to get here forever! Well, at least since June began. July means Kroliks are here to visit (all too short a time), Lexi is here most of the month, and most exciting is our first family camping trip!

Last night we had the Kroliks & Gustafsons over for dinner. I made the fun suggestion of shish kebabs (or kabobs) for dinner. I was happy it was successful. I think the full house is a little overwhelming for Miles. He's been having issues with big groups of people.

I am feeling good about the camping trip, if we can fit everything we want to bring inside Steve McQueen. The packing list is big,
but we aren't so far away from civilization that we can head into town if we need something. This camping trip comes with some nervousness, but the key will be letting go, and being flexible. I will try to take pictures, and I hope this will be a good time for everyone.

I must confess I stopped watching Wimbledon when Andy got knocked out. Add to that my favorite girl retired before the French Open (Henin), and it wasn't worth making an effort to watch. I do hope Federer wins today though. To get my fill of sports, we've been watching all of the Olympic Trials (swimming & track and field). I will know all their names come August. This does not mean I prefer Summer Olympics over Winter Olympics. I prefer Winter.

Alright, I have to eat breakfast, get on with my day. I'll close with a quote from Flight Of The Conchords (this one is for you Geoff).

Murray: Be careful with it. Don't stand next to any big magnets.
Jemaine: Why would I stand next to a big magnet?
Murray: I don't know what you do in your personal life.

No comments: