Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break

The snowstorm that flew in Tuesday night cancelled school for Elijah on Wednesday. This was the first time he had a snow day, his school usually doesn't call them. It also meant it cancelled his field trip to the fire station. He didn't seem too broken up about it, as I assured him that his teacher would try to reschedule.

The ear infections went away on their own, without the need for antibiotics (yay!). We celebrated by taking a trip to the zoo on Friday. We aimed to hit the places we missed on the last visit, namely Bird World and the red panda. The morning was a success, the weather was perfect, and while there were a lot of school groups there, we didn't feel crowded out.

Penguins




Now that Elijah is officially on Spring Break, I'd like to visit a few other sites in and around town. This week, I'm keen to check out Littleton Historical Museum. I got that tip from my twitter friend @NotAHandBag. I'm taking suggestions from you guys as somewhere else we should visit, preferably someplace cheap.

Now get out and enjoy that spring weather!

No comments: