Friday, April 02, 2010

Savior

It seemed fitting to write this on Good Friday.

I may or may not be normal. It was pointed out to me when I was younger, that I have a savior complex. Often I am willing to sacrifice myself to help someone else. And while that might sound altruistic, I don't believe it always is.

My heart hurts at the feeling of not being able to help those I care for. At times I can delude myself into thinking that if I were actually available to these people, I could save them. But the reality is, I am only human, I can not save everyone. And not everyone wants to be saved. And that makes my heart ache even more.

Truth is I can not even save anyone. I was blessed enough to be saved. And I want that for everyone. To know that they are not alone. God loves them. Life isn't easy. But life with God... it's so much better than life without Him.

No comments: