Friday, November 21, 2003

The song I can't stop listening to: Here Without You by 3 Doors Down. This is the first song of theirs I actually like.

So, since I have no job, I've been renting a lot of movies from the library. This is my chance to see movies for free, and movies that Geoff doesn't want to see. So I watched Punch Drunk Love. Now I like Adam Sandler's movies, I think he's funny. Let's start with the fact I was a little disturbed by his call to the phone sex operator. In the last few years, I've grown a little uncomfortable with certain things in movies, namely drug use & sex. So you can imagine, that it sucks if there is a movie I've grown up on, and it features those elements. I'm just saying I don't think everything needs to be so graphic. Okay, back to the movie. It wasn't so graphic, but I had my hand on the remote in case it got that bad. Anyways, it was kinda of central to the plot (if you could say it had a plot). I didn't hate it, but I doubt I'd watch it again. It was sad, and not nearly as in depth as I thought it would be. Alright next movie, Tuck Everlasting. I loved this book as a child, still do. And I thought it was pretty true to the book. So I liked it. I don't think I'd own it, unless I had kids interested in it. But it was enjoyable. The Importance of Being Earnest. This I liked, even though I don't care one way or another about Reece Witherspoon. She's okay, and I like her in some stuff, but I'm not a fan of all her work. But this movie was cute, again, I enjoy the play so it stood I should like the movie. And I did.

You wanna know something funny? Even though I love movies, I don't go out to them. It's just too expensive, there is always a tall person in front of me, people talk, and you can't pause it if you have to go to the bathroom. Plus at home, you can wear your jammies, you can cuddle with your fella & your cat, and the popcorn is cheaper. But we try to go at least once a year. We'll pick a movie we think is worth the trouble. So I can name on one hand the movies I've seen in the theatre in the last few years. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, Spider-man, Austin Powers: Goldmember, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, & Finding Nemo. We will indeed go & see the final installment of Lord the Rings: Return of the King in the theatre. Simply because epics were made for the big screen.

Well, that's all I have to say right now. I will close with a quote from The Mask: "but that's...impossible". "No, those pajamas are impossible, this actually happened"

No comments: