Monday, November 24, 2003

Well, had a fairly relaxed weekend. It snowed like I haven't seen in so long. And the day it snowed, & snowed, & snowed some more was the day we decided to go shopping for groceries & cheese. Geoff wants to expand his cheese palate, while I'm pretty content with cheddar. :) And the roads were okay enough to get to church Sunday am. We accepted an offer to join a family at church for Thanksgiving. Last year we spent it with the Houghs & Salernos, and let me tell ya, that Rachelle Hough, she makes a mean turkey dinner. The year before we went to the Kroliks. Ya, the holidays make me miss our adoptive families in California. I miss my real family too, don't get me wrong.

I felt sad this weekend. I just really missed my dad. I miss his voice, and hearing him laugh. Though most of our conversations were just sports related, or what was going with people he knew. And have I talked to my brother lately. He was always asking me that. My brother & I talk, albeit, not as often as some siblings. But I would say we are close.

The tv had A Christmas Story on this weekend. Now it's officially the holiday season. After 2 days of nagging I convinced Geoff to let me decorate the house. He likes it because he gets to light his Hollyberry candle. We've been listening to Christmas music since November 1. We got some Peet's holiday breakfast blend tea a few weeks ago. We love Peet's.
Anyways, the tea is really good, they have it in coffee too, but I'm not crazy about flavored coffee.

I'll close with 2 quotes from my favorite Christmas movie, The Ref. (What? It's really funny!)

John Chasseur: Mom, the TV's broken. What are we gonna do all night?
Connie Chasseur: Celebrate the birth of Christ!

Rose: You're a "Wong"?
Gus: Well, my mother was Irish.
Rose: And your father?
Gus: Wasn't.

No comments: