Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Doing Fine And Dandy

People ask me if I'm tired of all the paperwork that comes with a loan & buying a house, but I'm more sick of all the little things that require annoying errands. Rather than dwell on that, I'll post on...

Why I Love My Bank

It pays to get to know your bank. When we encountered a problem trying to deposit a Canadian check on the weekend, I went back yesterday to see the manager. We stressed all weekend about what we would do if we weren't able to get it deposited. But the manager was as resolved as I was in finding a satisfactory solution. It all worked out in the end, with Scott (manager) using a few tricks up his sleeve. As he put it, I'm a loyal customer, there should be some trust between us. I mean, hello, I'm there like once a week. It's nice when you have contacts that know you. Sadly, I'll have to train a whole new branch on depositing Canuck checks. Small price to pay for a bank that goes above and beyond for me.

Mary and I had plans to meet at the museum for lunch, but it's been pushed back a week. I hope we'll still be able to get together even though I'm moving to Aurora, and she lives on a whole other side of Denver. She's never quibbled at a little bit of driving. Plus her girls would be crushed if they couldn't see Elijah once in a while.

We have the house inspection today, which Colin says is neat and enlightening. I would hope that since the house is only 3 years old, it won't have big fixes. But I feel like I'm prepared for anything. I'm bringing Elijah's swing (so he can be amused), the camera (to take more specific pictures), and the tape measure (to measure rooms, and the back yard for Glen who wanted to know how big it is). We are anticipating it will take about 2 hours, and he came recommended by someone Geoff respects. I may try to get Geoff to post about the inspection.

I'll close with a quote from Tomorrow Never Dies (Geoff is sweet on Michelle Yeoh).

James Bond: You were pretty good with that hook.
Wai-Lin: Thanks. It comes from growing up in a rough neighborhood. You were pretty good on the bike.
James Bond: Thank you. It comes from not growing up at all.

No comments: