Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Fa La La La La

Just a bunch of misc thoughts today.

I think we're going to have a Christmas party. Short notice sure, but we just wanted to gather our friends near. In Irvine, our couples group would get together for a progressive dinner and ornament exchange. In Edmonton, Diane & Glen would throw a Christmas open house, where friends would gather for food. It's in that spirit, of being with people whose company you enjoy, and laughing and eating. I only wish our out of town friends could be there. :)

I sent out all the Christmas cards this morning, and hope they are well received. Though I doubt the letter has much to say that people didn't know, perhaps they enjoy a refresher of what the year held for us. It's fun to look back on the year and see all that God has blessed us with. If you haven't read the letter online, don't worry, chances are it's coming to a mailbox near you. It was a bit of a challenge to take the family photo, but nice that we could do it in the comfort of our home.

The coming year holds a few trips I think, for certain we are going out to CA in early June. Geoff was invited by his friend Sean to run in a marathon in San Diego. I am really looking forward to seeing more of San Diego, and hopefully to meet our friends Anna & Francesco's baby girl Julia. She was born a few months after Elijah. Of course I can't wait to see all my Irvine friends. And perhaps a trip to Disneyland. We'll have to see. I don't know how much Elijah will get out of that.

I also want to get up to Edmonton to see all the new babies, especially my newest nephew or niece. I don't know when I'll get the chance to do that, and it will likely be just me & Elijah going up. Perhaps in the summer, or we might push it to fall. It's all about timing and money. And I probably wouldn't stay too long, maybe a long weekend. I know, that's not enough for those of you who can't get enough of the Armstrongs. But when you add on that I am determined to get to D.C. to see Kelly, it makes for a busy year.

I am hoping that now we have a basement, I can buy Christmas stuff after the holidays for next year. Space has always been an issue until now, and if I can score a good deal (and that is my specialty), wouldn't it be silly not to? A lot of our neighbors are going all out decorating their yards. We hope to get out in some warm clothes and walk the neighborhood to see what everyone has done. Inspiration for the future, and just to get in family time.

I LOVE that Prime Minister Paul Martin got booed coming onto the field at the Grey Cup. That totally rocked! And the icing on his cake this week, a no-confidence vote. Looks like Canada's having an election in January. Get out and vote you hosers! (P.S.- visit Rick Mercer's blog for a funny letter from the P.M.)

Alright, I'm going to sign off now with a quote from Clue.

Mr. Green: But this is ridiculous. If he were such a patriotic American, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?
Wadsworth: He decided to put his information to good use and make a little money off of it. What could be more American than that?

No comments: