Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday Already?

well, let's get the random 10 out of the way.

Ride Wit Me - Nelly
Jimmy Olsen's Blues - Spin Doctors
Karate Schnitzel - Tenacious D
Come Fly With Me - Michael Bublé
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Grace like Rain - Todd Agnew
Consequence Free - Great Big Sea
Rebel Yell - Billy Idol (note to Diane & Geoff- the original song doesn't have the dirty line, that is reserved for the live version)
You Might think - The Cars
Shy Guy - Diana King

Our dinner with our friends Jason, Nicole & Trista was a lot of fun. Geoff makes the best ribs. Here's the secret, 1/2 of it is recipe (Alton Brown's), the other 1/2 of it is using good quality meat (thank you Whole Foods).

Thursday, I blew off going to Mom To Mom because I felt like I had enough on my plate, plus Geoff had his dentist appointment. It turned out to be a good thing, 1. it gave me the chance to talk to Athena for 109 minutes on the phone (hee hee), and 2. Jayla said the guest speaker wasn't so great. Elijah and I took a walk around the neighborhood near us, and enjoyed the fresh air. Last night drove to our old neighborhood to take a CPR class at the pediatrician office. Saw that someone has moved into our old place (have fun with that!). The class was good, and I met a couple who brought their 7 month old daughter (Lara), and the wife is already 3 months pregnant with #2. Crazy! So I feel like now if I'm in a situation calling for choking or CPR with infants or children, I'll know what to do. They said even if you are worried you will forget a step, or do it wrong, almost any action is better than inaction. Plus, if I feel like I want to go through it again, it's only $10, and they do it every month.

Today will be spent wrapping gifts to prep for mailing, and cleaning the house for the party tomorrow (seriously, come to the party). Don't think I'm all done my shopping, far from it! I just have a few gifts bought. But my goal is always to mail everything by December 1. I can't recall if I've ever actually made that goal. :)

Well, the boy is sleeping, so it's as good a time as any to get on dusting. I will post again this afternoon with something exciting (well exciting to me). Until then, I'm closing with a quote from The Drew Carey Show.

Kate O'Brien: I don't believe this. You're taking advice from Oswald? Oswald who once swallowed a sponge to soak up all the beer, so he won't get drunk?
Oswald Lee Harvey: Did I get drunk?
Kate O'Brien: We had to take you to the hospital! You were clinically dead for two minutes!
Oswald Lee Harvey: But, did I get drunk?

No comments: