Monday, November 21, 2005

Holiday Season

I'm really looking forward to turkey this week. We have a lot to be thankful for this year. We're going to have 2 turkeys this week, one at the Jones', and one at our place. Mmm. I posted before about inviting Kelly & Roman here for Thanksgiving, but Roman contacted me weeks ago to say he was taking Kelly to Prague for her birthday gift. They went this week. She really wants to come here soon, so maybe once she returns we can look at our calendars and figure something out.

Christmas is coming fast, and I'm pretty excited. There are aspects of the holiday I don't enjoy (going to the post office, and other stuff I won't mention), but let's go with the positive. I enjoy working on our annual Christmas letter we send out. I enjoy wearing my Christmas clothes. I love getting Christmas cards. I love the lights. Most of all, I love being able to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. The songs singing about His birth, His life, His reign.

Roland posted on his blog a song list for a Christmas mix CD he made, so I thought I'd post the song list for the Christmas CD I made last year.

Go Tell It On The Mountain/Amen - Phillips, Craig & Dean
You Make It Feel Like Christmas - Neil Diamond
Jingle Jangle - Blue Hawaiians
Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord - Boney M
The Night Before Christmas (The Devil In The Kitchen) - Ashley MacIsaac
The Marvelous Toy - Irish Rovers
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan
Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano
This Christmas - Harry Connick Jr
Last Christmas - Wham!
Jingle Bells (from The Simpsons)- Robert Goulet
Do You Hear What I Hear - Out Of Eden
Silver & Gold - Burl Ives
Twelve Days Of Christmas - Bob & Doug McKenzie
Blue Christmas - Johnny Cash
O Come Emmanuel - Michelle Negron Bueno
Do They Know It's Christmas? - Paul Bellows & Stew Kirkwood
Mistletoe & Holly - Frank Sinatra
O Holy Night - Josh Groban (my favorite version of this song. Will give you chills)
Little Drummer Boy - Jars Of Clay

I may try to make another Christmas CD this year. I always like to add one or 2 Christmas CDs to my collection.

Here are pictures from Geoff hanging out lights. I was anti-icicle lights (because I think they are overdone, and everyone has them), but we compromised and got mutli-colored ones. It's hard to see the house, but hopefully you get the idea.







Thanks to all you guys for saying you miss us too. It meant a lot. I guess it makes the times we see each other more special, but I could use that specialness more frequently, y'know? :) All in good time.

I'll close with a quote from one of the ultimate guilty pleasure movies, Bring It On.

Sparky: I am a choreographer. That's what I do. You are cheerleaders. Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded. What you do is a tiny, pathetic subset of dancing. I will attempt to turn your robotic routines into poetry, written with the human body. Follow me, or perish, sweater monkeys.

No comments: