Saturday, December 31, 2005

Auld Lang Syne

Everyone have a safe a Happy New Year!

We got a giftcard for 2 free Blockbuster movies so I went and picked up March Of The Penguins, and The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Both were pretty good. MOTP was very cute, who doesn't love the sight of a fluffy baby penguin? Hitchhiker's was entertaining, I'm sure you'd find it that way even if you've never read the book. I liked the casting, but the ending was way too Hollywood, as Geoff put it. I would have preferred for them to leave it open to the idea of a sequel, but without Adams writing that script, who knows how it would turn out.

Since I got a ton of books for Christmas (and I haven't even finished the books from last Christmas), I'm trying to make time to read. I really enjoy reading. My books this year would indicate that it was a Canadiana theme. Which is funny, as I seem to be struggling with my identity. I live in the U.S., I barely have a grasp on what's happening in my home country, and I have an American son to raise. We were approved to switch visas, so next week when Geoff goes up to Boulder, he'll talk to them about where we go from there towards our goal of getting a green card. I'm fairly certain I want to hold a dual citizenship, but I don't really know how it benefits me.

Anyways, I'll sign off with a quote from When Harry Met Sally. I hope I get to see you all sometime next year.

Harry Burns: I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

No comments: