Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday's Random Ten & Misc Thoughts

Decided to list ten random songs from soundtracks.

Beauty School Drop-Out - Frankie Avalon (Grease)
One Of These Things First - Nick Drake (Garden State)
Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Center Stage)
She Caught The Katy - Blues Brothers (Blues Brothers)
I've Got A Theory/Bunnies/If We're Together - Cast Of Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Once More, With Feeling)
Lonely At The Top - Randy Newman (You've Got Mail)
Working In A Coal Mine - Windfred Louder Staff (Drew Carey Show)
Birth Ritual - Soundgarden (Singles)
Happy Birthday Lisa - Bart Simpson (Songs In The Key Of Springfield)
Haben Sie Gehört Das Deutsche Band? - Brad Oscar (The Producers)

It's an interesting collection.

It seems we have a lot to do this weekend, clean the house, go grocery shopping, do our taxes, couples group, and Geoff has to do a run on Sunday. Tuesday night the guests arrive, and depending on how the day goes, Geoff may go alone to the airport. It's very up in the air right now.

Elijah has been whiny the last few days. I'm not sure if it's the two new teeth coming in, if he's getting sick, or what. Last night he went to bed at 7:15-7:30ish was up at 8:15 until 8:30 then up again at 10 and didn't go to sleep until 12:30am. He wasn't feverish, just really whiny. I may try using the tiniest amount of teething gel next time to see if that helps.

I had a wildly fun idea about spending some time in Victoria with my brother, but it isn't going to work out. Everyday I'm wavering about will-I-or-won't-I make it up to Edmonton this summer. If we have the money, I want to. I may even give up on the idea of being able to rent a car. It works out okay, most people I know there have a car so they can probably get to me (& Elijah). My grandpa hopes if we make it up there we can go out to the lake to see them, as that's where they will be.

Last Friday night we watched Survivorman on the Science channel (it airs on OLN in Canada). He was trying to survive in Nunavut. It was pretty cool.


He apparently has done a ton of outdoorsy tv shows. It's an interesting concept for a tv show, considering he films it all himself.

Elijah is napping, and that sounds like a wonderful idea to me. I'll close with a quote from 10 Things I Hate About You.

Walter Stratford: Hello, Katarina. Make anybody cry today?
Kat Stratford: Sadly, no. But it's only 4:30

No comments: