Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Music Parade

I need to stay away from the iTunes store for a while. I really can't afford to be buying a song here, and a song there. You can see the last 5 songs I bought by looking at my top 5 on the lower left side.

But I had to check it out because BNL released their latest single (as an EP) Easy. The snippet doesn't give me enough to decide whether I want to buy it though. I do love that it is Ed singing though. Even if it grows on me (which is likely), I'll probably wait for the new album.

I just found out that one of my favorite bands, Easily Amused, has a band member competing on Canadian Idol. Obviously I can't watch the show (nor would I if I could), but I encourage my Canadian friends to root for Keith Macpherson. Because he has a great voice, and he writes wonderful music. Now get out and add Easily Amused to your library!

I'll close with a quote from High Fidelity.

Rob: What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

No comments: