Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Animal House

Friday I was out in the front with Elijah and saw another dead bunny. This one had it's head separated and sitting a few inches away. I called Animal Services, and they told me to deal with it myself. I said no way, you come deal with it, I ain't touching it. Then last night, I was getting ready to close the blinds for the night, and saw... a family of foxes! Where did they come from? That's right, Momma Fox and her 4 baby foxes have been living in the hole under our porch. I saw them come out and then watched them run around and chase each other all over our lawn and front street. Geoff hopes once the babies grow larger they'll all move out.

In other animal news, those who have visited us have seen Scoliosis Horse. I'm sad to say, I think he died. We haven't seen him in forever. He'll be missed.

So it was inevitable, Vegas fever has struck this house again. We got a flyer from the Orleans about some deals they have going on. Then a week later we were driving and the iPod played ZZ Top's Viva Las Vegas. AS we heard the end of the song, we sign a sign for a garage sale on Orleans street. It's like the fates are trying to tell us something. I don't know if we'll be able to swing it, so we'll see. I'm still trying to convince Geoff to let me go next August with my mom for her birthday.

Oh Colin is having surgery today, so keep him in your prayers and pray for a speedy recovery.

I'll close with a quote from Animal House.

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

No comments: