Friday, October 19, 2007

Excitement Wearing Off

Geoff is almost off his runner's high from his great race (see his blog for more details). He's still quick to point out places he's run past. We're so super proud of him. I don't think I would have run in the rain.

My D.C. high is slowly fading, but I'm sure it will resume once I get my books out of the library. I'm going to try to pack as much in as I can into a weekend, fully realizing, I won't see it all. But Geoff is anxious to see Washington too, so perhaps we'll take a family trip out there. Kelly is just as excited as I am. January can't come soon enough.

Elijah has croup. It's been a long time since he had it, and it isn't so bad. The biggest bummer of all is staying inside and away from others. And trying to explain that to him. "You need to rest." "No." All the boys had colds on Monday, I'm the only one who got off scot-free. Miles is over his, Geoff is almost over his, and as I said, Elijah got croup.

Now for the best news of all.... Miles is sleeping like a normal kid again! Hallelujah! He's still waking up at night, but only once or twice. So I feel back to myself.

Well, Elijah wants to watch Mulan, again. So I have to go. I'll close with a quote from the movie.

Yao: I'll get that arrow, pretty boy, and I'll do it with my shirt *on*.

No comments: