Friday, August 19, 2005

Are You Serious?

Did you know that the U.S. has no official language? I didn't know that. And apparently it's a touchy subject. I thought it was weird since Canada has two.

There is a kafuffle about Starbucks printing about homosexuality on the back of a coffee cup. The quote in question reads My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself. Life's too [expletive] short. When we saw this on the news last night, they spoke to a "Christian" lady who went off about how she's against gays and doesn't want her 12 year old exposed to that when she buys coffee. My first thought was, thanks for speaking for all Christians (I'm being sarcastic, in case that isn't coming across) and you let your 12 year old drink coffee?!

Dylan saw a recent picture of Elijah and he said to Dawn, that can't be him, he can't be that big yet. :)

Speaking of Elijah, he seems to think it's funny when I sing and dance. This week's song that I find myself singing a lot is Bem Bem Maria (Gypsy Kings). He likes it. It's nice he lets me sing stuff other than Raffi. How many times can we sing C-A-N-A-D-A?

We spoke to Tammy so things are starting to move along nicely now. Hopefully we'll get to look at some houses in the next few weeks.

We've been watching Survivor reruns on OLN. We only ever saw seasons 1 & 2, (I think that is all we will re-watch) and it's much funnier when you already know the outcome. Thank goodness NBC is airing Scrubs reruns now on Thursdays, since they decided not to bring Scrubs back until January. And Celebrity Poker Showdown is back with a few new celebrities, some returning players and sadly an annoying game last night. I'm sorry, but I couldn't care less about reality "stars" playing poker. It was clearly a ploy to get people interested in Bravo's new show Battle Of The Network Reality Stars. Anyways, next week's game should be better, I mean Meatloaf is playing.

Well, before I sign off I better say

Happy Birthday Mom!

Now I'll close with a quote from Three To Tango.

Oscar Novak: I'm not gay, I didn't... gay.

No comments: