Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Tortoise Kind Of Day

Like yesterday, I feel like today is going to be a slow day. Tick Tock.

Saturday we went out house hunting, with dinner at Chick-Fil-A (again). Mmm. I loves me Chick-Fil-A. Sunday we skipped out on church to go to Peet's and Safeway before we went out house hunting again. The weather here has been good, hot but not too hot. Today is expected to be too hot (97 F) so I'll try to get my errands done early.

Once there is anything to announce about the house, you'll read about it on Geoff's blog.

No plans for Labor Day weekend, not really. We have couples group Sunday and I think we'll be bbq-ing together afterwards. I think it would be unwise to try and go to the mountains this weekend because

a) gas prices are high, and I don't want to fill up anytime soon and
b) the roads to the mountains will probably be busy.

(rant for the day)Sometimes I get worked up over things that I don't need to. Sometimes I get really annoyed with people taking cheap shots at my faith, and I want to lash out. I'm working on not letting myself get worked up, and realizing that lashing out isn't going to make things better. If people want to say things, or advertise insulting things on their car, that's their choice. My choice should be to pray for them.(end of rant)

We bought a new vacuum cleaner, a Dyson. We've needed a new vacuum for a long time, the one we have we got for our wedding. It served us well, but we will need something more reliable if we hope to clean this place before we leave. We got a good price on it and I can't wait for it to get delivered. We're trying to hold off buying stuff for the new place until we move since we don't want to pack and move stuff unnecessarily.

I'm anticipating getting some good news from a great friend tonight. I'll post about it tomorrow, but I suspect someone is getting a visit from the stork. :)

I'll close with a quote from Clueless.

Heather: It's just like Hamlet said, "To thine own self be true."
Cher: Hamlet didn't say that.
Heather: I think I remember Hamlet accurately.
Cher: Well, I remember Mel Gibson accurately, and he didn't say that. That Polonius guy did.

No comments: