Friday, August 12, 2005

How Far Away?

Talking to my mom today she enlightened me to something I did not know. There are Tim Hortons south of the 49th parallel. In just 3 states away, almost 20 hours driving nearly 1300 miles I could have a maple dip in my paws.


Hey, if I didn't have my job as a stay at home mom, I'd be hopping in Gary, and cranking the tunes for a road trip! Okay in reality, even without a young son, I have a husband who would not traverse over several states for a donut. Someone in this marriage has to be grounded at all times. He keeps me from crazy things like this, I keep him from spending money on new toys at the Apple store.

Chris & Roland both posted a while back about their most influential or favorite albums. I don't think I can say that any album shaped me, I've always been more of a song person than an album person. But I cut down my list to the 25 best cds in my collection (and it was hard to cut it down). These are albums I'm most likely to listen all the way through. In alphabetical order...

Barenaked Ladies - Stunt
Blue Rodeo - Outskirts
Breathe - All That Jazz
Captain Tractor - Bought The Farm
Counting Crows - August & Everything After
Del Amitri - Change Everything
Easily Amused - Novice
Feeding Like Butterflies - John In His Earthsuit
Great Big Sea - Play
Hall N Oats - Rock 'N' Soul Part I
Hackers Soundtrack
Mars Hill - Mars Hill
Matchbox Twenty - Yourself Or Someone Like You
Matthew Good Band - Underdogs
Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Radiohead - Pablo Honey
Radiohead - The Bends
R.E.M - Life's Rich Pageant
Spirit Of The West - Go Figure
Styx - Greatest Hits
Toad The Wet Sprocket - Bread & Circus
Toad The Wet Sprocket - Coil
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits
Tragically Hip - Day For Night

Alrighty, I better sign off. The boy is getting antsy. I'm closing with a quote from Meet The Fockers, which we watched last night.

Greg Focker: Look, Little Jack was crying so I picked him up and gave him some hugs. Then I went into the kitchen to answer the phone and when I came back, he had let himself out of the playpen, put on Scarface and glued his hands to the rum bottle. Ok?

No comments: