Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Time Moves On

A year ago today we "officially" found out we were pregnant. I took a test when we got back from Scotland, but this was the day the doctor confirmed it for us. It's been a good year, and when I look into my sweet boy's face, I can't believe how quickly he is growing. I can't get over how much I love him. Having our family grow from 3 (I count Honey Cat) to 4 has been the most amazing, wonderful thing in the world.

Mary and I finally connected on the phone, and we've set up a lunch date for next week. She had left a message for me when I was in Canada, and I called her back and left a message, which she didn't get. So it was nice to finally speak. I got more details on Jeff departing Education Collections for Zoology. It was more of a lateral move than promotion. Also he never really considered Rich to replace him, but he did seriously consider me. It's nice to know I was wanted. Obviously I still cannot take the job, since the H visa doesn't allow it. Mary thinks they still haven't hired a replacement, so maybe I should entertain the idea the museum would sponsor me for my own green card. :) Ya right. Anyways, Zoology is a much smaller department, and they only have volunteers 3 days a week. I wonder how many from Education Collection swill jump ship to be with Jeff. I hope to make it to DMNS at some point this summer, even if just to say hi.

I'm not at all surprised to hear Echinacea does squat for colds. I've been saying that for years. But each person has their own treatments they like and swear by. Me, I prefer not to treat every little thing with medicine. I like to let my body try to fight it on his own. If it's not working, I'll seek other treatment. I just don't want my body to become immune to certain medicines. That's just me.

I'm going to close with a quote from Good Will Hunting, 'cause it was on tv yesterday and I like that movie.

Will: Do you buy all these books retail or do you send away for, like, a shrink kit that comes with all these volumes included?

No comments: