Saturday, May 13, 2006

Stubborn

Sigh.

The radio played Jumper (Third Eye Blind), and that song always makes me think. When I'm standing before the throne of God, will God ask me why I didn't do more to help those I know who are lost. I said to Geoff, when do I get to walk away from those who just won't hear, who choose the path of darkness?

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
- Matt. 18:21-22

So I asked Geoff, so if I get pushed away 77 times, then I can walk away? And Geoff said, no, 77 times means, you don't ever give up on anyone.

Only God can save the lost, I can't save anyone, but I can not turn my back on them. Even though they hurt me. Even though they live in darkness, embracing it.

Why is it so hard to love them? I want a heart that loves them. That is what I pray for. For God to take my stubbornness, my bitterness, and replace it with a heart for those He loves.

No comments: