Thursday, May 18, 2006

Things I Want To Say

Often I have a lot I want to say, but I censor myself, because it might make someone cry. Or I'll end up getting angry emails. So I don't always get to be the loudmouth, opinionated person you all know and love.

Here are a few things I want to say, feelings and emails be damned.

- I've been here almost 7 years, I want to be a citizen dammit! I came here legally, Geoff offers a lot to the U.S., we should be at the front of the line!

- If you have something to tell me, even if it's one line of an email, I'd rather get that than a second hand message. It means more to have it said first hand. Even if it's one line to say you're pissed I did something to you.

- If it's been more than a week and I haven't returned your email, email me again to tell me to get off my ass and respond. If I haven't written back to you, I'm sorry. My excuse is gonna be lame, but to know you genuinely want to hear back from me, will push me to get on the computer and respond.

- I wish more people from CA would come visit here. I love going out there, but I also love being able to show people how beautiful CO is.

- Please don't ask me every week if Elijah is walking yet. Trust me, when he starts, I'll tell you. He goes at his own pace.

- I am inspired by Geoff, Lisa & Cate, who all took it upon themselves to find some exercise they like. Cate, I remember a few years ago when you took that adult ballet class. I have been searching for one here, to no avail. I may end up taking tap, since it's that or bellydancing. Lisa, you get on your elliptical several days a week and you look awesome. Geoff runs a few times a week, and when he's not training for a marathon, he's still running and going to the gym. I am going to find my activity (other than walking) and get my body into a shape I like. (I chose a triangle. j/k) I am happy with my weight, I just need to tone it now. I wish everyone out there would do something to keep themselves healthy. Find a buddy if you have to.

Sigh, I feel a little better.

Not looking forward to the dentist tomorrow. Geoff's appt went well, but I strongly suspect there is a cavity in my future.

I'll close with a quote from Dirty Work.

Mitch: There's two kinds of people in this world: Those who get stomped on and those who do the stomping.
Kathy: Where'd you come up with that theory?
Mitch: That famous guy said it. What's his name? Uh... Oh, yeah: Jesus

No comments: