Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Everything Is Automatic

I'm not going to endorse a Tom Cruise movie, but there is a scene in Vanilla Sky where Tom's character is with Penelope Cruz' character, and she changes into Cameron Diaz. And he freaks out. I sometimes have that fear, that one day I'll open my eyes, and my life won't be real. But then I think that's silly. It's just something that crosses my mind every so often. (I won't say I liked Vanilla Sky, I didn't hate it either, I just felt confused.)

I love my life. When I look back at the person I was 10, even 15 years ago, I'm amazed at how much I've changed and grown. I never would have imagined the life I lead now was possible.

As I've mentioned, I'm watching a lot of HGTV, DIY, and A&E. I'm trying to get ideas for projects I want to tackle. We've decided to paint Elijah's room. I think I want to switch the furniture in the two bedrooms, but I keep wavering. We're also going to drywall the basement this winter (hopefully).

I've been watching Sports Night on DVD, I get the impulse to watch it, then I have to watch the whole series. I just can't leave it up in the air. And while I never got into The West Wing, I'm planning on checking out Aaron Sorkin new series Studio 60. I love his casting choices, not only because he's reuniting Amanda Peet & Sarah Paulson, but Matthew Perry is awesome.

Anyways, I'll close with a quote from Sports Night. Sharon, I get my quotes from the good people at imdb.com. Sometimes I have a specific quote in mind, sometimes I have a specific movie or tv show in mind. I'm not that smart. :)

Isaac: If you're stupid, surround yourself with smart people. If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

No comments: