Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sins Of The Father

I hate the look of where our society is going. Hell in a handbasket.

Should we be judged by the sins of our father? Are we not held accountable by our own actions? There have been some racist remarks made by my family years ago. Does that make me a racist?

Why aren't people following everyone around, writing down everything that is said, by any given person, and then using it to cast them in a bad light. On any given day, I say at least 10 stupid things, that maybe I don't mean, and yet the lynch mob isn't hounding me.

Yes, Mel Gibson made a HUGE mistake. He's an idiot. Who the heck is dumb enough to drive intoxicated? And who is dumb enough to take someone's words when they are drunk and pass them off as truth? Did alcohol become a truth serum while I was sleeping? Then I know tons of people who love me. Really, they told me so when they were drunk.

I am sick and angry at a world that couldn't care less about news, and cares more about sensationalism. It makes me angry that people take it upon themselves to "make their own news".

These were the thoughts I had before bed, and even while I was trying to sleep. I was originally gonna post about my weekend, but who really wants to read about that? :) We went to Boulder, we had a blast, we saw our friends Jason & Nicole's new baby girl Colette. And we watched a lot of home improvement shows. I'm inspired now.

I had to delete a few blogs from my list, some people deleted theirs, or they just never blog (that's you Andrew!). I need more friends.

I find it fitting to close with a quote from Good Night, And Good Luck.

Edward R. Murrow: To those who say people wouldn't look; they wouldn't be interested; they're too complacent, indifferent and insulated, I can only reply: There is, in one reporter's opinion, considerable evidence against that contention. But even if they are right, what have they got to lose? Because if they are right, and this instrument is good for nothing but to entertain, amuse and insulate, then the tube is flickering now and we will soon see that the whole struggle is lost. This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and it can even inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise it is merely wires and lights in a box

No comments: