Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sigh

Well the rush of Christmas is over, the houseguests have gone, and I feel like I haven't stopped cleaning in days!

Christmas Eve's bread project went over well. I had an abundance of food (fishes & loves miracle if I ever saw one), and I heard several compliments. Elijah enjoyed the music, so I think he's ready to check out KidStuf at church. It's a family service with singing and dancing.

Christmas was a blast. Santa brought us a Wii, which everyone enjoyed. Grampy left wanting to get one fro their place! The boys got so many toys (please, none for their birthdays!!!), and we've eaten so much yummy food and treats. Thankfully I've only put on a few pounds, so once I get back to the gym, I'll be okay. Pictures are up on shutterfly, under Holidays 2007.

We had plans to take Grampy to Boulder, as he's never been, but the snow we got last week cancelled that. We'd have to take 2 cars there, and Gary doesn't do so great with snow (he's a summer car). Maybe next visit. We mostly hung out around here, and played Wii, and more Wii.

The plan for New Year's Eve is the same as always, try and stay awake! New Year's day we'll have a ham dinner and possibly have Kevin & Ali over.

I've finally seen some movies I have wanted to see all year, thanks to Christmas gifts. Ratatouille and Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End. Both very enjoyable.

I'll close with a quote from Ratatouille.

Larousse: Oh, look who it is! Alfredo Linguini! His mother's an old flame of Gusteau's.
Skinner: Ah, yes. How is Renata?
Linguini: She's good... well, not good, she's been better. She's, uh... she's -...
Horst: She died.
Skinner: Oh, I'm sorry
Linguini: Oh, no, don't be. She believed in Heaven, so she's covered... after-life speaking.

No comments: