Saturday, November 28, 2009

Top Chef

I try to avoid a LOT of reality tv. I'm not into the kind of drama & smut they produce. But I LOVE Top Chef. From the first episode I was hooked. The cheftestants all had a passion for food & cooking, and it never really seemed about being on the show to be a star. These people were here to show off their kitchen skills and grab the title.

Every season brought forth a favorite to root for, and sometimes someone to root to go home. Now as the years go on, I love to hear that the chefs I grew to love are going on to successful projects.

I even eat up the reunion shows, because it gives you a chance to see a chef in a new light. I was never a fan of Stephen (season 1) until the reunion show when he apologized to Candice and allowed me to see he wasn't such a meanie. Now he's one of my favorites. Reunions can also turn me from a chef I previously liked, like Marcel-who comes across as someone with so much animosity.

The judges they have are awesome and the guest judges they get are great. These are also people who are passionate about food, who push the chefs to do their very best.

More than just a show, Top Chef has expanded my mind to try new ingredients and better my skills in the kitchen. I say Bravo to Bravo for a great program.

My favorite chefs: Harold (s1), Dave (s1), Lee Anne (s1), Stephan (s1), Miguel (s1), Sam (s2), Elia (s2), CJ (s3), Brian (s3), Casey (s3), Dale (s3), Richard (s4), Stephanie (s4), Antonia (s4), Hosea (s5), Fabio (s5), Jeff (s5), and this season Kevin & Eli.

No comments: