Monday, September 27, 2004

A Perfect Day (Weather Wise)
Man, it was truly the perfect day weather wise. The sun was shining, there was a cool breeze, you could be completely comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt.

I was inspired to re-read The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy after Chris mentioned it on his blog. It's been well over 10 years since I read it, and most of it is hazy, but some parts are familiar.

We had a rough night on Saturday, as our neighbors had a party that went until 4 am. Had it been contained inside their apartment, there probably wouldn't have been a problem. But the guests were outside and even with the window closed we could hear everything. So we had to file a complaint. I hope this will be the last time this happens. With the baby coming, we'll already have plenty of sleepless nights, we don't need the neighbors adding some.

Our friends(Shad, Jen & Griffin) who recently moved to the NW came to town for a visit, and we went out to Le Peep for brunch. Jen is 20 weeks along in her pregnancy, and they'll be finding out the sex of their baby on Friday. Shad was bemoaning how expensive maternity clothes are, which only helps make matters worse for Geoff. I keep assuring Geoff that they will be a necessity at some point and that I won't need that much, but for Shad to mention Jen "popped out" at 16 weeks, that put the fear in Geoff. Ugh!

I don't really have much else to share. It's been relatively quiet. Glen & Diane will be here in a little less than 2 weeks. There is a lot we all want to do, so we'll see what gets done. There will be plenty of future trips, so I don't feel too stressed. I feel the same way about Victoria. There will be plenty of trips out there, so we don't have to do everything. Speaking of trips, I've had this feeling for a few weeks, a deep-seated need to go to Edmonton. I can't explain it, it's just a feeling I have, that I can't do anything about. Geoff suggested I pray about it. If it's God's will, He will provide the money for it. And if it isn't, He'll give me a peace about it. That husband of mine has some real nuggets of wisdom sometimes. :) Oh, and on the Vegas front, we're looking into it all the time, and we may be meeting someone there. Very cool.

I usually close with a quote from a movie, but instead I'm going to close with a quote from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continually stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right? At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up. After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.

No comments: