Friday, September 17, 2004

What You've Missed


Colin had a hernia operation this week. Yeah. So apparently it was something they think he was born with. It was something he didn't know he had. He would feel pain periodically, but he had pills he'd take for that. Then in the last 10 days it got worse. So Wednesday he had the operation because the pain was unbearable. It was successful, and he has like 6 weeks of recovery time ahead of him. Yeah, more time off work, but ideally this will be his last surgery for a while (he's had 2 in a year).

Heather's visit was great. I wanted to post about this the day she arrived, but was busy playing host. :) The one thing I asked Heather to bring me from Canada was confiscated. So I didn't get it. :( It was a can of meatballs and gravy, made by Puritan. They make stews, but I have this thing for their meatballs and gravy. Well, you can't bring meat into the States from Canada, even if it's processed and in a can. I was so disappointed. Had I known I was going to be denied, I would have asked her to bring me Hickory Sticks. I wonder if you can mail meat. I should look into that. :)

In in tv land...Heather Graham performance this week on Scrubs was better than she's been. Maybe she's just better because she's partnered with John C. McGinley. Oh, and Chris filled me in on who's replacing Bitty Schram on Monk. It will be Traylor Howard who's done a few failed tv shows (Boston Common) and a few films (Dirty Work). I'm willing to give her a shot, but God help them if they try to romantically link her and Monk. I will then declare the show has jumped the shark. There are tons of people already on board with that, but I hold out hope.

Oh yeah, I generally don't tune into the Emmys, as they rarely recognize the worthy or un-HBO shows, but Zach Braff is presenting. Tony Shalhoub is up for Best Actor again, and it was announced that John Turturro won for best guest actor for his portrayal of Ambrose Monk (whoo-hoo!). Also, Randy Newman won an emmy for the Monk Theme Song. He beat out the theme song to Monster House.

That's all I have to share today. Tomorrow Geoff and I will walk to Cherry Creek North and check out the new Crate and Barrel that opened this week. Why we torture ourselves going to a kitchen store when we're poor, is beyond both of us. :)
I'm closing with a quote from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

Jay : Miramax? I thought they only did classy pictures, like "The Piano" and "The Crying Game".
Brodie : Yeah, but then they made "She's All That" and it went downhill from there.

No comments: