Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Rainy Days
It's been 2 and half days of rain. There was a small break in the rain today, and I'm glad I took advantage and walked over to Target. But yeah, it's raining again.

Vegas is calling us. We got some coupons from The Orleans along with info on upcoming rates. We want to go back. Geoff teased that if we had $500 we'd leave now. :) We want to try to take in a show on the next trip. We're eyeballing my birthday as a potential time to take the trip. One last trip before the baby comes. But right before Thanksgiving, they are offering rooms for $20 a night. We may also consider the Stratosphere, they were offering rooms for $20-$25 a night. Whenever we decide to do it, we will be extending invites for people to meet us there.

Every tv season I am allowed to adopt a new show to watch, and I've picked LOST which premieres tonight. I don't know if I'll like it, but I'm willing to give it two episodes.

I miss Touching Evil. I found that I had an old episode on tape (along with old episodes of Scrubs and Angel), so I watched it this afternoon. Not one of my favorites, but it does feature one of the best lines in the series.
Branca: "So where were you? What are you, moonlighting now?"
Creegan: "Yeah, I'm an exotic dancer. G-Man by day, G-string by night."

Still holding out hope they'll put it out on DVD.

Colin is doing okay. Still very sore, still healing, and very bored. If he read, I'd send him some books. :)

Not much else is going on. I got in trouble at work this week with my quick wit. Jeff used the expression "beats me with a stick", and without missing a beat I said "I didn't realize that was an option". I got quite the look, and Rich doubled over with laughter. Ah, it's nice to have Rich working on Mondays now, someone at work who gets my wit. Geoff is really the only one who gets my wit on a regular basis. And my sense of humor is what Rod misses the most about me being in Colorado. I'm glad I have my wit and sense of humor. It's what sets me apart, in a world that doesn't always let me be my own person.

I'm gonna close with a quote from Happy Gilmore.

Happy Gilmore : During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody.

No comments: