Saturday, December 18, 2004

Oh Christmas Tree

This is our Christmas tree, as it looked Christmas morning (which was today). Since this is my only day off until Victoria, we woke up and celebrated by opening presents and stockings. As you can see, we had a few gifts that were here early enough to make it fun. Next Saturday, we'll do it all again, but with the family in Victoria.

I am well pleased with the gifts I got, Geoff completely had me snowed on what I was getting. I thought for certain it was one thing, but it was something else all together. I got a foot spa (which I really love) and I bought him a nice cutting board and a silpat (it's used for baking). Santa brought us the entire Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events books. I've read them all and Geoff is on the 11th book, but I am looking forward to rereading them. :) Honey got a bag of new treats, and even Elijah got a gift from Colin, Dawn, and Dylan.

After opening gifts, we took a walk up to the mall which wasn't so frightful inside as the parking lots were. We were thankful we walked. Geoff wanted to pick up some mineral oil for his cutting board, and some new toys from the Apple store and Radio Shack. We picked up some fixins for dinner tonight, we'll be having stew. Then we did some laundry.

Caroline from work is going to come take care of Honey for us while we're gone. It doesn't feel to me like I'll be traveling in a few days. But I have already started to think about what I want to pack. One of the things I like about traveling to a home rather than a hotel is laundry facilities. I know I can pack very little, because I'll have access to wash my clothes. Which will be good since I'm sure we'll be bringing home a lot of stuff. One thing I like about staying at a hotel is having access to a pool. But Diane says there is a pool near their place, so I still may bring my suit with me just in case.

I meant to post a while ago a link to our Christmas letter which is on my website. I actually thought I had posted it. If you somehow didn't get one, you can view it here.

I'll close with my favorite quote from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Charlie Brown: (shouting in desperation) Isn't there anyone out there who can tell me what Christmas is all about?
Linus Van Pelt: Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you. Lights, please. (A spotlight shines on Linus.) "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were so afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'". That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

No comments: