Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Sigh
It's only Wednesday, and I wonder how I will see it through to the weekend. I was in a great mood once I got work. Even after getting there and finding out we would be having someone help out our staff from another store, someone who was there yesterday and apparently didn't think much of the staff at our store, I was still in a good mood. I was determined to be the one to keep the morale up. Even angry customers calling on the phone and hanging up vehemently on me could not break my spirit. You see where this going? One lucky old lady got to be the one to break me. To put me in such a negative place, I couldn't climb out of it. First off, it's fine she wanted to take 30 minutes to figure out what she wanted to buy. I can sorta deal with that. I could deal with her getting mad at me for not being able to read her mind and figure out what she wanted. What I could not deal with was her hitting me. That's right, she smacked me. It was quite a shock. Like a small child reaching for the oven knobs, she smacked my hand hard. What did I do to deserve this? I touched her coupon. Even our regional manager (who stopped in today) was in shock. He came out to size her up, as I passed him and mentioned what had happened. I was just so relieved once she was done deciding what she wanted, paid and left. I just couldn't bring myself to smile the rest of the day. I just felt numb to it all. I did not feel like myself. As I left for the day, my boss was very upset because she had heard her mom just got admitted to a hospital and has to have heart surgery tomorrow. So the air at work was just awful.

Waiting to take the bus home, my mind started to wander, and I started thinking about my dad. I wanted to start crying, but not in public. So I just kept it in. The other day at work, I had the same thing happen, sort of. I saw a lady who was coughing, and it reminded me of the days before my dad died. At that moment I was praying for any customer to come and take my mind off of it, because if I started to cry at work, my face would be all red and blotchy for hours. Christmas is just hard. I miss him so much.

On the walk home from the bus stop, my iPod played a song that made me smile, and made me fell like this bad mood could be lifted. The Real Sin Savior by The ApologetiX. Now that I'm home, I'm in my jammies, listening to the ApologetiX, and I can curl up with my kitty cat and put today behind. Who knows what tomorrow is going to bring, but I'm determined to go into work tomorrow with a good attitude. Grumpy customers beware! :)

We saw a preview for House Of Flying Daggers when we went to see Ocean's 12. Geoff is so stoked, and I'm lukewarm to the idea. True I liked Crouching Tiger, but not to the same degree Geoff did. He always wants to watch it. I think I'm going to have to see House Of Flying Daggers, since he was nice enough to take me to Ocean's 12.

Brag Moment: Kelly had an article published in the Washington Times. Check it out!

I'm going to close with a quote from Office Space.

Joanna: So, where do you work, Peter?
Peter Gibbons: Initech.
Joanna: In... yeah, what do you do there?
Peter Gibbons: I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch.
Joanna: What's that?
Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
Joanna: An hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?
Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.
Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...
Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.

No comments: