Monday, December 13, 2004

'Tis The Season
Last night we watched Merry Christmas Mr. Bean, which is still one of the funniest things you can watch at Christmas time.

I'm working all week, thankfully just during the day, so I do have my evenings free. I am looking forward to the museum Christmas party on Friday night. I spoke with Mary last night, and she said I am very sorely missed on Mondays. That things are not the same without me, and that Rich is sore that I haven't been emailing him. Ha ha. I laughed I thought that was so funny. Well, I'll make sure to say hello to him on Friday. Geoff is going to come with me, as Mary said spouses were welcome. She's bringing her husband, whom I haven't met yet.

So due to my schedule, and because Geoff has to go to Boulder on Monday, looks like Saturday may be the day we celebrate Christmas. I will try to take a picture of the tree to post. That means we have to find time this week to make cinnamon buns, as it's an Armstrong tradition to eat cinnamon buns Christmas morning.

The Golden Globe nominations came out this morning, and while I wasn't totally surprised to see them overlook Passion Of The Christ, I was shocked to see them nominate Zach Braff for best actor in a comedy!

I think this is their first ever nomination for a Golden Globe. Maybe this will get the Emmys to acknowledge that the whole cast is outstanding. No new episodes until January (late January). But the DVD is supposed to come out next year. Can't wait!

Oh yeah, Nicole Kidman quit the movie remake of The Producers. Haven't heard yet who will replace her, but I'd love to see the actress who played Ulla in the L.A. production we saw take over. She had a fabulous voice.

Gotta go to work. Legend of Earthsea is on SciFi tonight. I'm going to try to tune in, though it doesn't look like they are sticking that close to the books.

I'll close with a quote from the Simpsons.

Homer's ghost: Marge you gotta help me, I have to do one good deed to get into heaven.
Marge: Well I got a whole list of chores: clean the garage, paint the house...
Homer's ghost: Whoa whoa whoa. I'm just trying to get in, I'm not running for Jesus.

No comments: