Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Good Day, And Welcome To The Great White North
I wanted to wait until we told the family first, but now I'm ready to let y'all know when you can see the Armstrongs on tour in Alberta. We'll be flying up on June 19th ( & 20th) and coming home on July 1 (Canada Day). Since we don't fly out until 5:30 on the 1st, I will still get to celebrate Canada Day, at least a little bit.

Here's a picture from many moons ago when our circle of friends used to celebrate Canada Day together. This is Geoff, Jason, Karen and Doug at Fort Edmonton.


I should check to see what Cowtown does to celebrate, perhaps a parade. Who knows, this may be Elijah's only Canada Day celebration. One never knows what the future will hold. I'm trying to not get ahead of myself and make solid plans, there is so much I want to do! Lisa's having a party, a "come meet the baby, and oh yes Melissa and Geoff will be there too" party. And a trip to Banff is a must.

We had to fly out on different days, but we get to fly home together. The things you have to deal with when flying on points. Not sure how I'll work out the carrying of luggage (mine & Elijah's) as well as his stroller/carseat. But for the 1st time ever, I'll get to pre-board!

Yesterday I called Mike to tell him & Meg the details of the trip. We spoke for an hour. It was fun, we talked a lot about tv/movies, and how they are settling in Calgary. We're hoping to have one night when the 3 of us can go over and check out their place. Also to give them one-on-one time with their nephew.

I'll close with a quote from Red Dwarf.

Toaster: Howdy doodly do. How's it going? I'm Talkie, Talkie Toaster, your chirpy breakfast companion. Talkie's the name, toasting's the game. Anyone like any toast?
Lister: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast. In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. No toast.
Toaster: How 'bout a muffin?
Lister: Or muffins. Or muffins. We don't like muffins around here. We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and definitely no smegging flapjacks.
Toaster: Aah, so you're a waffle man.

No comments: