Sunday, April 24, 2005

What's Happening
Today the Armstrongs participated in their first family activity, the Cherry Creek Sneak. Elijah and I did the 3.1 mile walk, and Geoff did the 5 mile run. My race started at 8am, so we departed for the mall at 7:20am, walking of course. It was a cold walk, but once we got there (7:55am) it was time to go. Geoff stood in the cold waiting for us to finish (50 minutes), then his race began 9:25am. He finished his race in 42 minutes, but we missed him crossing the finish line. He was very pleased with his run, and we hope to see if his picture will be posted on the Sneak website on Tuesday (I'll let you know if it is). All this excitement has caused Geoff to finally post on his blog. Yeah, he has a blog, and he hasn't posted on it in 8 months. Hopefully it won't be another 8 months between posts.

The weather did not get any warmer after we were done our races, so we opted to take the shuttle home. It dropped us off a few blocks from home. It's raining now, so we were lucky the rain held off until the Sneak was done.

In travel news, we may just use our points to get one ticket home and buy the other, or we may try to fly out on different days. The only problem I have with flying out on different days is I will have to have a note from Geoff saying I am allowed to take Elijah out of the country. And I don't really want the stress of someone having a problem with the note.

Not much else is going on. Just being a mom, and trying to stay sane. I hope to arrange some tea dates for this week, and get to Hallmark to buy Mother's Day cards. Oh yeah, and I have to make an appointment to see the dentist (play horror music here). It's been two years since I've seen the dentist, and then it wasn't so much fun (crown lengthening). I find most dentists aren't so nice, so I hope to luck out and find a good one.

I'm going to close with a quote from What About Bob?

Bob Wiley: There are two types of people in this world: those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't.

No comments: