Saturday, April 30, 2005

Muppetational

The Muppets may be coming back to primetime tv. I for one am keen on the idea, I love the original series, and the short-lived Muppets Tonight. In a few weeks ABC will be airing a muppet version of The Wizard Of Oz. It'll be good to have something entertaining on television, because haven't we all had enough of reality tv.

Have you seen the commercials for Craft Corner Deathmatch? It's got to be the most pathetic show premise. Seriously. Extreme crafting. Ooh, I must tune in. (I'm being sarcastic, in case that's not coming across.)

Not that I have time to go to the movies, but I'm intrigued by the trailer for Crash. Sandra Bullock and Brendan Fraser? Hook me up! Oh, and about going to the movies, I saw on the news the other day there is a theater here that has Mommy Movies Wednesday mornings. Essentially, it's for moms to go to the movie and you bring your young kids. The lights are up a little more, and the sound isn't as loud. And if your child fusses, the people there understand, because they are moms too. Dads are welcome too, I think they just like the alliteration. I may have to check it out one of these Wednesdays.

I'll close with a quote from The Muppet Show.

Statler: Why did they want the igloo?
Waldorf: I don't know. Maybe somebody must have broken their ig.

No comments: