Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Little More Like It
Ah, the weather has gone back to being a little more normal, thank goodness. The freak blizzard was nice in that we got to have Geoff here for his birthday. It will be nice to have him home tomorrow, though I'm sure he'll miss the luxurious accommodations of his hotel (king size bed, fluffy pillows and blankets, no crying baby). He says if we ever get out to Providence, we'll stay at the Biltmore in one of the jr suites.

It's been a HUGE blessing to have Diane here. I would not have survived without her, or rather Elijah wouldn't have. :) It's been a pretty laid back trip. We did venture out to the museum on Tuesday to get out, and to say hi to Erin & Julie.

I do have the travel bug, the desire to break out of my box and go somewhere. I've decided I'm going to try to sway Geoff into a drive up to Estes Park. I really want to see the town, and visit the Stanley Hotel (seen here)


Nothing else is going on. Life is just trying to keep up with Elijah, trying to get him into a routine (ha ha ha), and watching a little tv. I'm nearly all caught up on my correspondence and thank you cards. I think I'm ready for the Cherry Creek Sneak in 10 days. I do think we'll have to get Geoff new shoes before then, as he will be running the 5 mile race, and his current shoes are falling apart.

I'm going to close with a quote from This Is Spinal Tap ('cause it was on tv the other day).

David St. Hubbins: Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you.

No comments: