Friday, July 08, 2005

Big Big Big

If you aren't reading Geoff's blog today is a good day to start. Big news for the Armstrongs (the ones south of the 49th parallel). Go on, go read his blog, then come back here. I'll wait.



Back already? So you've heard the news. Exciting huh? I don't think it's quite sunk in for me yet. Perhaps in a few months. So what does this mean? Well we'll be switching visas, to one that
A) won't let me work and
B) will allow us to start the green card journey.

It takes, at most, 6 years for the green card process. Hopefully it won't take that long. Once the green card comes through, then I can work again. I don't know much more than that about it. But as I learn more, so will you.

We've already found a realtor (Geoff's co-worker) so I guess we can start looking for a more permanent place in the next few months. We'll see what we can afford, and go from there. I would really like to stay in this area. It has Elijah's pediatrician, Peet's, a grocery store. The essentials. I suppose since we'd like to be in that place at least 5 years, and we'd like more children, we will try to find a 3 bedroom. Just the thought of our own washer & dryer... ah. :)

Alright, I'm signing off now and closing with a quote from UHF.

R.J. Fletcher: This is an embarrassment. A disgrace. What do you think R.J. Fletcher Senior would be saying if he were alive today?
Richard Fletcher: "Help me out of this box, I can't breathe in here. Help, let me out."

No comments: