Thursday, July 14, 2005

Misc Thoughts

I read a news story last night that made me say, Yeah! See? I'm Not The Only One! A British teenager was hospitalized after riding Disney World's Tower Of Terror. It's a damn scary ride. I was traumatized riding it, I screamed bloody murder on it. I didn't go into cardiac arrest like the girl, but damn if I wasn't still shaking ten minutes after the ride. Poor Glen felt so bad for making me ride it.

Scrubs gets its recognition with a few Emmy nods, including best comedy and best actor in a comedy (Zach Braff). Couldn't happen to a better show. They're a long shot, but hey, sometimes the Emmy's can surprise you (not often enough though).

Friday I'm going to break the bad news to Jen that I won't be coming back to Harry & David. :( It's more than just missing my staff discount, I'll miss not working with Nicole and Jen.

So some retailers "accidentally" sold the new Harry Potter books, and this is news why? And a judge forbid them to read it? A little excessive don't you think? I mean if some lucky person got a hold of the next Lemony Snicket book ahead of everyone else, I'd think that person pretty lucky. I'll be rushing out to Tattered Cover on October 18th to get our copy, and ideally having it read the same day.

Anyways, I'm going to close now with one of my favorite quotes from Futurama.

God: Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket.
Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money.
God: Yes, if he makes it look like an electrical thing. If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

No comments: