Thursday, July 07, 2005

Same Old

Nothing much going on here. Elijah is getting over being sick, and I'm just trying to stay cool in the heat. We watched Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events and it was pretty good. Okay so it's not exactly like the books, but the tone, the sets, and the acting were great. I'm anxiously awaiting the next book, due out October 18 (I think).

In museum news, Jeff left Education Collections and became the collections manager for zoology. What does that mean for our department? Well they are trying to fill his spot, but he'll try to oversee it until then. Like he wasn't busy enough before. Mary wants me to consider it, but I can't. My permission to work has lapsed (I'd have to reapply), and we might be switching visas which means I wouldn't have the option to work. Rich is off in Peru, so I don't know if he's considering the position. I haven't been back to volunteer yet since Elijah was born, and I don't know when I'll get back. I may look at doing Saturdays, but that will have to be discussed with Geoff. I did sign up for Mom To Mom at my church, which will be Thursday mornings. A chance to be with other Christian moms and Elijah will be in childcare there.

Well I'll be signing off and taking advantage of a sleeping baby. I'll close with a quote from Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

Uncle Monty: Now, the children will be helping us extensively with the research in Peru. Do you have any experience with children?
Count Olaf: [in disguise as Stephano] Children are strange and foreign to me. I never really was one. I do know that they are an important part of the ecosystem.

No comments: