Monday, October 10, 2005

Baby Bunk

I've read some questionable articles about pregnancy and baby health, but I always take everything I read (and hear) with a grain of salt.

The first article was about the "appropriate" weight a pregnant woman should gain. When I was pregnant, I was concerned about my weight gain, not wanting to gain too much, but also wanting to provide enough nutrients for Elijah. I do think some women do not gain enough weight, some women gain too much, and sometimes you can't control what health issues arise (gestational diabetes). I did agree with one thing the writer said, which is that Hollywood is not helping women have healthy pregnancies by flaunting unhealthy pregnancies of celebrities.

The other article was about traditional baby food myths being hooey. That you should feed your baby anything, that you don't need to follow "the rules". You know, like first they get cereal, then yellow vegetables, ect. It isn't going to change the decisions I've made about how I feed Elijah, I will continue along the traditional method. I am willing to expose him to different foods, I'd love for him to have a palate like his father.

You have to give it to Nick Park for having such a good attitude in the face of personal disaster (Aardman studio burns). Wallace and Gromit's creator, Nick Park, said the earthquake in South Asia helped put the loss into perspective.

"Even though it is a precious and nostalgic collection and valuable to the company, in light of other tragedies, today isn't a big deal," he said.
It really is such a shame to lose that history, it must make them feel sick to their stomachs to think of it.

Yes, it's still snowing, but it has at least stopped acumulating. Laugh it up Albertans, we will see who has the longer, colder winter in the end.

I can take solace in the warmth of my home, turn on the fireplace and enjoy a mug of hot chocolate. Life isn't so bad. :)

I'll close with a quote from Wallace & Gromit: A Close Shave.

Wallace: Won't you come in? We were just about to have some cheese.
Wendolene: Oh no, not cheese. Sorry. Brings me out in a rash. Can't stand the stuff.
Wallace: [gulp] Not even Wensleydale?

No comments: