Monday, October 03, 2005

Life Is Great!



This is a picture of the road around the corner from our place.

It feels good to be starting a new week, leaving behind a week that was way stressful and exhausting. There are still plenty of boxes to unpack, but they aren't important ones. There is still plenty to organize and decide final placements of. And a ton of stuff in the garage that can get moved into the basement.

We're aiming to have a housewarming party on November 12, but no time has been set. So those wanting to travel out from CA (or we'd even welcome some Canucks), come on by! We should have the house in order by then.

Did you ever see something and wonder if it was really happening? We ordered pizza on Wednesday night, and the delivery guy got out of his car, and in a flash he had thrown the pizza, rolled out of his car, and the car started driving over the curb and onto our neighbors lawn. I felt like I was watching an episode of Punk'd. The driver wasn't hurt, and no damage seemed to be done, but it was one of the craziest things I'd ever witnessed.

So, with all the house stuff lsat week, we didn't make it to the birthday party Elijah was invited to. I felt like it was too much, that I had bitten off more than I could chew. So we passed, but I am trying to reschedule it as a play date at the pool. I am eager to go, so we just have to find a day that works.

In the fantasy world where my evenings aren't tied down to being a mom...Lemony Snicket is coming to Denver! I could (in theory) get book the twelfth autographed and meet him! In the fantasy world where I could just go out on a Monday night. I'd send Geoff if I thought he'd go for it, but I don't see that happening. Maybe we can work something out, but I'm not sure what kind of time commitment it would be, plus I'd have to drive to downtown Denver.

Alright I've saved the best news for last. Get ready to do a dance of joy....

I'm going to be an auntie again!

Dawn and Colin are expecting! How awesome is that?! EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! There aren't really words to express how ecstatic I am. Now I have to get up to Edmonton next year for sure!

I'm closing with a quote from Ocean's 11.

Danny: How's your wife?
Bruiser: Pregnant again.
Danny: Well, that happens.

No comments: